Balochistan Blast Update : Four dead, 12 injured in blast at hotel in Balochistan’s Quetta

Insight Online News

Islamabad, Apr 22 : At least four people, including a police official, were killed and 12 others wounded in an explosion in the parking area of a four-star hotel in Balochistan’s capital Quetta on Wednesday night, police said.

The hotel premises were cordoned off and the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) were deployed to investigate the incident, the Dawn quoted Balochistan Inspector General of Police Tahir Rai as saying. The blast occurred around 2215 hrs.

Addressing to reporters, Balochistan Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove said: “There were no threat alerts before the attack.”

In reply to a question, Langove said the Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Nong Rong was not present at the hotel when the blast occurred.

Quetta Deputy Commissioner Aurangzeb Badini took to twitter and wrote: “It is reportedly a VBIED+SB blast in which 12 people got injured and 04 have succumbed to their wounds.

Two Assistant Commissioners are also among the injured.

The wounded are being given the best treatment by health department.”

The injured were shifted to the Civil Hospital. Several vehicles parked in the area were also damaged in the blast.

According to the police, explosive device was apparently placed in a vehicle. A police official and one hotel security guard were among the deceased.

The Serena Hotel is a very popular luxury hotel among the government officials and visiting dignitaries in Quetta.

Last week, 12 people were wounded in a blast occurred during a football match at a ground in Allahbad Town located in Balochistan’s industrial town of Hub. The tournament was being played to offer tribute to police personnel killed in the line of duty. In August, 2020, too, at least eight people, including police and FC personnel, were injured in an explosion in Hub.

Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan and Federal Minister for information & Broadcasting Ch Fawad Hussain and former Pakistan cricket team captain Shoaib Malik were among those who condemned the attack.

Mr Hussain said that the Pakistan Government was in contact with the Balochistan government and initial investigations were underway. The Minister added that the government would issue a statement as soon as the nature of the blast is determined.

UNIINDIA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *