Bravo confirms retirement from international cricket after T20 WC

Insight Online News

Dubai, Nov 5 : West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has confirmed that he will retire from International cricket after the conclusion of the ongoing T20 World Cup.

“I think the time has come,” Bravo said at a post-match ICC Facebook live in conversation with Darren Sammy Thursday.

“I have had a very good career. To represent the West Indies for 18 years, had some ups and downs, but as I look back at it I am very grateful to represent the region and the Caribbean people for so long.

To win three ICC trophies, two with my captain (Daren Sammy). One thing I am proud about is that in the era of cricketers we were able to make a name for ourselves on the global stage and not only do that but have silverware to show for it,” he said.

Bravo has been part of the West Indies squad in all the T20 World Cup since 2007 and has also won it in 2012 and 2016.

Bravo once had announced his retirement in 2018, but made a U-turn to make himself available for the T20 World Cup. The 38-year-all-rounder had marked his international debut in 2004 and has so far played 295 games (90 T20Is, 164 ODIs and 40 tests). He has scored 6,413 runs and claimed 363 wickets for West Indies.

On the future of West Indies cricket, he said the team has a bright future in white-ball cricket. “Now, I want to try and pass on whatever experience and information I have with the younger players. I think in the white-ball format, West Indies cricket has a bright future and it’s important for us to keep supporting the guys and keep encouraging them.,” he said.

On the team’s dismal run in the ongoing T20 world Cup. he said. “It wasn’t the World Cup we expected, it wasn’t the World Cup we wanted as players. We shouldn’t feel sorry for ourselves, it was a tough competition, we should keep our heads high.”

UNIINDIA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *