CASO resumes in Bandipora, 3 militants killed, Army man injured so far

Insight Online News

Srinagar, Jul 25 : With the first light on Sunday, security forces resumed massive Cordon and Search Operation (CASO) in Bandipora woods, in north Kashmir.

Three unidentified militants were killed and a soldier of Rashtriya Rifles (RR) was injured in the encounter which ensued early Saturday morning at Shokbaba forest Sumblar in Bandipora.

The entire forest area remained under tight cordon and searchlights were installed to foil any attempt by remaining militants to escape, official sources said Sunday. There was no firing during the night, they added.

With the light, this morning security forces resumed CASO after troops from nearby camps also joined the operation. However, no contact was established with militants so far, they added.

Troops of 13 and 14 Rashtriya Rifles (RR), Special Operation Group (SOG) of Jammu and Kashmir police and CRPF launched a joint CASO in Shokbaba forest Sumblar in Bandipora early Saturday morning following a specific information about the presence of militants.

When the security forces were moving into the forest area, militants hiding there opened indiscriminate firing with automatic weapons, a police spokesman said. Security forces also retaliated ensuing in an encounter in which two militants were so far killed. One more militant was neutralised in the evening. The identity of the slain militant was being ascertained, he said.

A defence ministry spokesman said that one Army jawan was injured who was evacuated to 92 Base hospital Srinagar.

UNIINDIA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *