Disengagement in Galwan Valley starts
New Delhi, Jul 6 : India and China have begun disengagement as per their agreed terms in the Corps Commanders-level held last week, sources in the government establishment said on Monday.
As per the sources, China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) were seen uprooting tents and structures at Patrol Point-14 in Galwan Valley of Eastern Ladakh.
“Rearward movement of vehicles of the PLA was seen at general area Galwan, Hotspring and Gogra,” sources added.
However, specific distances have yet not known.
Patrol Point 14 in Galwan saw the violent clash between the troops of both nations on June 15 that led to killing of 20 Indian soldiers. The Chinese side also suffered a huge casualties but they have yet not revealed any numbers.
Sources said, Indian side is cautiously observing Chinese moves and the situation will be verified on the ground over a period of time.
Following the marathon 11 hours talks between Indian and Chinese forces on June 29, both have arrived at a “mutual consensus” on disengagement.
Corps Commander level talks on Monday last at Chusul on the Indian side was to chalk out the differences on the ground in the aftermath of 15 June face-off, that saw casualties on both sides.
During the meeting, modalities for disengagement from all friction areas in Eastern Ladakh were discussed which would be taken forward by both the sides.
Since early May 2020, the Chinese side has been hindering India’s normal patrolling pattern in the LAC area in Ladakh.
In mid-May, the Chinese side attempted to transgress the LAC in other areas of the Western Sector of the India-China border areas and this was met with an appropriate response by Indian forces.