PM Security Breach: Pro-Khalistan outfit SFJ calls for protests prior to PM’s visit

Insight Online News

New Delhi, Jan 5 : Days before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Firozpur in Punjab to lay the foundation stone of multiple development projects worth Rs 42,750 crore, Pro- Khalistan outfit Sikhs for Justice (SFJ) had called upon the people to protest his visit, top sources in the intelligence establishment informed UNI.

In a video released by the outfit’s Gurpatwant Singh Pannun, who calls himself ‘General Counsel to SFJ’, he was seen aggressively calling upon the people of Punjab to hold, what it called “Show da Shoe” protest on January 5.

In the video, Pannun that alleged PM was responsible for the deaths of more than 3700 farmers last year alone and even offered $100,000 (1 lakh US dollars) to policemen, journalists, hospital employees and to general public for ‘Showing da Shoe’ to the Prime Minister.

Pannun in his video message urged the people of Punjab to “Campaign for Khalistan Referendum and uproot the Indian forces occupying Punjab.”

Keeping in mind the announcement made by the secessionist outfit and the recent arrest of SFJ member Jaswinder Singh Multani in Germany in connection with the December 23 blast in the Ludhiana district court complex, security agencies in New Delhi were taking utmost care and Punjab police was informed to make elaborate security arrangements for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit, sources said.

The events leading to cancellation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rally in Firozpur today indicated that the state police didn’t take adequate measures and prepared contingency plans for the PM’s visit, sources said.

The centre has today accused the Punjab government of major security lapse in the security of the Prime Minister and sought a detailed report from the state government.

“The PM’s schedule and travel plan was communicated well in advance to Punjab Government. As per procedure, they have to make necessary arrangements for logistics, security as well as keep a contingency plan ready,” the statement issued by the MHA said.

The Home Ministry has also asked the Punjab government to fix responsibility for this lapse and take strict action.

Punjab police, while investigating the Ludhiana court complex blast, had also found that the blast was aimed at disturbing peace in the state ahead of assembly polls.

UNIINDIA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *