Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to vacate government bungalow by Aug 1, slams fake news over matter
New Delhi, Jul 14 (UNI) Congress leader and AICC general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Tuesday said she would vacate her government accommodation in Lodhi Estate here by August 1 and slammed the “fake news” that she had requested more time.
Sharing a news report which claimed that she has been allowed to stay for some more time in her Lutyens bungalow after she sought more time to vacate, Ms Gandhi tweeted, “This is FAKE NEWS. I have not made any such request to the government. As per the eviction letter handed to me on the 1st of July, I will be vacating the government accommodation at 35 Lodhi Estate by the 1st of August.’
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development had last week served a notice on her to vacate the said premises before August 1 as she no longer comes under SPG security cover.
“Consequent to withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover by MHA, which does not provide for allotment or retention of government accommodation on security grounds to you, the allotment of type 6B house No. 35 Lodhi Estate is hereby cancelled wef July 1. One month concession period on same rent till August 1 is allowed as per rules,” the Housing Ministry notice had said.
UNI AR RHK1150